Please join us on Thursday, May 21st from 10:00am-11:30am by Zoom for a webinar where we will present key findings and recommendations from our report, and invite feedback from a panel of faculty, student and staff experts who are part of CUNY’s response to food insecurity. Advance registration is free but required.
The session will present information on:
- CUNY student food insecurity
- Food insecurity’s impact on academic success
- Preview of findings from a new Healthy CUNY Survey on the impact of COVID-19 on student food insecurity
- Review of CUNY programs and policies to support student basic needs
- Recommendations for future CUNY responses to food insecurity
- Cass Conrad, Executive Director, Carroll and Milton Petrie Foundation
- Nicholas Freudenberg, CUNY Distinguished Professor of Public Health
- Sarah Goldrick-Rab, Founding Director of the Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice and Professor of Higher Education Policy & Sociology, Temple University
- Jan Poppendieck, Senior Faculty Fellow, CUNY Urban Food Policy Institute
- Timothy Hunter, University Student Senate Chairperson and Student Trustee on the CUNY Board of Trustees
- Deborah Harte, Director, Single Stop, BMCC
- Karla Ignacio, Food Justice Leadership Fellow, CUNY Urban Food Policy Institute and former student Food Security Advocate at Hostos Community College
We invite CUNY students, staff, faculty, leaders, and others to ask questions and suggest how in the coming years CUNY can make student food insecurity history.